2012-10-03

Blomstervagga - Rhoeo spathacea - Moses in he Cradle

Större bild? Klicka på den! - Click to enlarge!


Blomstervagga  - Rhoeo spathacea - Moses in he Cradle
  NF Photo  120921
    
Lol, this plant really goes by many names. And you need to be a bit careful when handling it.

Flickan i båten, Blomstervagga, Mose vagga
Moses in the cradle,   Moses-In-The-Boat, Oyster Plant
Quote:  The Oyster Plant is succulent looking, it can be used to make a dense groundcover.
As other plants in the same family, the watery sap can provoke allergic reaction. Avoid having any on your skin.   'Compacta' and 'Vittata' are 2 common cultivars.
 
Check out my other memes? NF Memes See the sidebar for the last updates in my blogs.
 
NOTE!
I am not a member of GOOGLE+. If you don´t have an open account I can´t visit you back. :( The Word Verifications are getting even worse. Often impossible to crack. Sorry if I can´t make a comment on your blog. But I DO visit.
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

23 comments:

  1. What a stunning flower this is!
    You have captured some great detail here, especially in the first one. So nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Underbara bilder! Kontrasten mellan den vita blomman och de färgstarka bladen är slående.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a delightful bloom. i love the purple lines created by the leaves. great captures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flower is as beautiful as the name. It's a new one I'd not heard before. You've done a great job with the photos once again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful shots, i know how small those flowers are. We have lots of Rhoeo here too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these flowers. My Mum has some purple ones in her garden. Beautiful images.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never saw a flower like that!
    It is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simplesmente fantásticas!!beijos,chica

    ReplyDelete
  9. que delicadeza, adorei! Um abraço!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos.

    Thank you for linking up with Raindrops and Daisies
    "Green Day"

    Have a great weekend

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photo work, such lovely flower...
    Best regards, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eu achei essa flor muito encantadora e o nome "Berço de Moisés" tem tudo a ver! Eu adorei a sua postagem! Beijos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pictures!!
    I have seen the plant before.
    Salsify is a hardy biennial that is grown as an annual vegetable. Am I right?
    Kram Gisela

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully photographed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So delicate!

    Mums
    Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an interesting little flower! My favourite shot is the second one - maybe the stamens appear more delicate in that one...
    I can't imagine using a plant like this as ground cover...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic macro's! Thanks for sharing and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog,