2014-02-18

Crown flower- Calotropis gigantea

Större bild? Klicka på den! - Click to enlarge!

Crown flower - Calotropis gigantea
©   NF Photo 130830, Honolulu Zoo
 
This is a flower I´ve seen a few times, twice I think, on blogs and loved it. When I run into it in Honolulu Zoo I was happy. Sadly it was almost overbloomed and not much to photograph.
 I was trying to find seeds of it but it is a bush not suitable for my balcony or the climate where I live. Well, at least I have seen it. And got these shots. :)

NF Blo-Ma 83

See the sidebar for the last updates in my blogs.
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,,  , , , , , ,

12 comments:

  1. It is such an unusual flower. I love it! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riktigt trivsam även som överblommad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful shots, particularly the first one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vackert och vilken mild fin färg på din blomma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that it is still pretty. The older I get the more I admire fading flowers (I suppose there is a deep dark reason for that!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one nice flower. I like how the petals curl back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is not a plant I am familiar with, what a lovely colour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How very gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm trying to grow tropical plants in my frozen desert, and it can be very frustrating. So your gorgeous flowers are a very welcome sight, even though you had to leave them there.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog,